Operations and Administration
Here is an overview of the internal workings of the Board
Operations and Maintenance
- Receipt of evidence of payment and completed pension documents together with credentials both originals and duplicates and personal files from the retiring officer.
- Opening of file and assignment of Identification/File No. to the retiring officer by the relevant Desk Officers.
- Computation of Terminal Benefit for onward transmission to the office of Auditor-General for Local Government for verification and certification by the Desk Officers.
- Final approval of the duly verified and certified computations by the Board.
- Issuance of Pension Certificate.
- Placement of retiree on payroll upon due approval in case of retired primary school teachers and issuance of pension authority in the case of retired Local Government retirees.
- Internal control through prepayment check by the Internal Auditor and Director of Budget.